Chattanooga Bicycle Club
COVID-19 Group Ride Guidelines
May 22, 2020
Group rides will be limited to 8 cyclists. This includes the ride leader. The ride leader has the discretion to limit the rides to fewer than 8 riders, and should state the size of the group in the calendar posting.
- Riders must RSVP in order to participate in a CBC ride. Ride leader will state preferred RSVP method in the calendar posting, and will provide email & cell phone contact information.
- By RSVP’ing each rider agrees to follow the ride guidelines as posted on the CBC website.
- If a rider who has not RSVP’d shows up at a ride and there is “room” he/she will be able to ride. If the ride already has the maximum allowed number of riders, the rider who has not RSVP’d will not be allowed to join the ride. Failure to RSVP does not exempt rider from adherence to ride guidelines.
- In order to minimize close contact at ride sign-in, the ride leader should pre-populate the sign-in sheet with each cyclist’s name, phone number, and emergency contact information and each rider will initial their information prior to riding. (This information should be submitted by riders as part of the RSVP process.)
Riders should keep 3-4 bike lengths spacing from the rider in front. When stopped, if you are beside another bike there should be 6’ between, and the same holds true if you are behind another rider.
Riders are encouraged to wear masks, particularly in areas of close contact, such as store stops or when riding where close proximity to others is unavoidable, but doing so is not a requirement.
In adherence to the Mayor’s orders regarding organized activities at city parks, no club-sponsored rides are permitted to take place at the Tennessee Riverwalk until further notice. https://chattanooga.gov/parks/news
General Health Considerations
Riders should follow all public guidelines in terms of washing hands, touching exposed surfaces, and should not attend a group ride if experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- If you need to expectorate, please go to the end of the line to do so. Do not spit or blow your nose when others are behind you.
- If a store stop is necessary for longer rides, you should wear a mask into the store, remove gloves and wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before touching store items, and before rejoining the ride group.
- Anyone with a temperature greater than 99 degrees or symptoms of illness, such as cough/sore throat, will not be permitted to ride.